Request auto-connections for xlnx-vai-lib-samples

I’d like to request auto-connection of the following interfaces for the xlnx-vai-lib-samples snap published by Xilinx.

camera
process-control

This snap is used to demonstrate the operation of several Machine Learning inference test applications provided by the Xilinx Vitis AI Development Stack. One of the applications requires access to a live USB camera to demonstrate real-time machine learning inference (needs camera interface). It also allows the user to specify a number of tasks to use when processing the camera stream to optimize (needs process-control interface).

This snap is only used in the context of Ubuntu-enabled development boards.

FYI @abeato

Thanks,
Terry

Please disregard the request for process-control auto-connection above - only camera is necessary.

Thanks,
Terry

As this is a demo app, would it make sense for users to manually connect the camera interface to run the snap?

Also the current description of the snap makes no reference that it uses the camera either so I suspect users who install this may be surprised that it suddenly has camera access. As such, you should update the snap’s description to mention that it does make use of the camera (and for what purpose) as this will make reviewers more likely to be in favour of granting this auto-connect request.

Hi @alexmurray - I’ve updated the snap description to let users know that the USB web camera will be used to provide live video to the test-video sub-application.

Regards,
Terry

+1 from me for auto-connect of camera for xlnx-vai-lib-samples. Can other @reviewers please vote?

+1 for auto-connect of camera for xlnx-vai-lib-samples from me.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granted auto-connect of camera for xlnx-vai-lib-samples. This is now live.

1 Like