Request: allow auto-connection for rosbot-xl (shutdown interface)

Hi,

Recently rosbot-xl snap was allowed to have auto-connection for raw-usb and shared-memory interfaces (see snapcraft forum thread)

Today we have released a new 0.11.0 version under the latest/edge channel with a new feature that requires auto-connection for the shutdown interface (sudo snap connect rosbot-xl:shutdown).

The shutdown interface is needed by rosbot-xl snap for handling the power button on the rear panel of ROSbot XL robot for a safe system shutdown. This interface is needed by this script that is run by a daemon: db_server_launcher.sh

192.168.77.2 is a static IP address of the Single Board Computer (that runs the rosbot-xl snap) within the internal Ethernet network inside ROSbot XL. When the power push-button on the rear panel of the ROSbot XL is pressed for 3 seconds, then the HTTP request is sent by the STM32 microcontroller to the 192.168.77.2:3000/shutdown endpoint handled by the script above.

I would be grateful for auto-connection feature for shutdown interface for rosbot-xl snap. Thanks!

Thanks!

Dominik from Husarion

Hey @Husarion

It looks reasonable and expected to me that rosbot-xl has the ability to shutdown the system, considering the systems where it is expected to be used. +1 from me for granting rosbot-xl auto-connection to shutdown interface

Thanks

1 Like

+1 from me as well for granting rosbot-xl auto-connection to shutdown interface

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you @jslarraz and @0xnishit for your feedback. Please let me know what is the next step to get the auto-connection for the shutdown interface?