Request alias for dosage-johnblood378

@reviewers ,

I would like to request an alias for my snap dosage-johnblood378. Specifically, I would like to access by snap’s command (dosage-johnblood378.dosage) via the dosage command. This would allow users to run the program without having to type out the whole command or create a manual alias.

I picked dosage-johnblood378 for the name of my snap because dosage was already reserved.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

Note that reserved snap names can be acquired by filing a dispute:

I wish that @popey 's comment were part of the snapcraft documentation. When I was looking through the Snap Store, I saw all kinds snaps with -username added. I thought it was a valid naming convention if you didn’t create the original program.

So, how should I proceed? Continue with the alias request or file a dispute for the dosage name? Just trying to get some clear answers.

1 Like

Please file a dispute and follow that process.

1 Like

Well, I’ve gone through the process and reuploaded the snap. The old snap has been installed 3 times (I think one is me). How can I let them know that about the new snap? I don’t plan to update it.

You can post a final update that prints a simple message to notify user to install the new one: