Remove "series-ninja" from store

I’ve just had a look at the “series-ninja” snap and it seems to be an application designed to watch/download pirated movies and charge for the service. We should probably remove it until we hear from the publisher that there’s any sort of legal agreements in place that allows the service to run, but I doubt that it exists given hints of how the application works.

Hey @niemeyer, I’ve unpublished the snap. Have you reached out to the publisher?

1 Like

Thanks, and I haven’t. I don’t think I even have access to the publisher details.

Do we have well-established guidelines for what is and isn’t allowed in the store?

The starting point is the Terms of Service: https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/dev/tos/, with the relevant prohibitions in section 3f:

All usage of the Services must be legal and not infringe any third party’s rights. You must not take any action or use the Services in any way that might bring Canonical into disrepute, affect the ability of Canonical to provide the Services, be illegal, or encourage illegal activities.

2 Likes

@niemeyer we have granted you the proper perms so you are able to see snap details in the snap store.
For this snap, you can check any of the revision pages, in there you have the details of the uploader (which in this case matches the publisher), for example https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/dev/snaps/7533/rev/9/

Let us know if you need anything else!

Cheers.

@niemeyer Hi! we you been able to reach to the publisher? He published a new revno today (which I now unpublished).

I got in touch with the publisher, explaining the situation and inviting him to participate here as well (hi? :).

Hi as the app is already unpublished from store , am okay with it :+1:, thanks

1 Like

Hey, welcome!

Sorry for the trouble. Please let us know if there’s something we can help you with.

Actually the app is just a wrapper to a website/service app have a seperate version and i developed it for them . So i will talk to them , stuff in it is also not hosted in their site but they dont own the content . So am okay with the decision. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like