Remarkable 2 ubuntu app not working

Hi Folks,

I just bought a remarkable 2 and found that the ubuntu desktop app doesn’t work - it simply freezes over - (this is remarkable-desktop) - All I need the app for is to live share as I write to my students - even the usb cable doesn’t let you share the screen

Any pointers ? thanks Farrukh

Running into the same problem – I’ve been using the desktop apps for a couple years now on my work Windows PC and ancient Macbook but wanted to get it onto my newer Ubuntu laptop.

When I hit the part where I click Login and the app would launch a browser for me to login to My.Remarkable and pair, it freezes and I can’t get it past that point. Ubuntu pretty quickly throws up the Force Quit/Wait dialogue.

And exactly the same issue using wine - from wiki.winehq.org - ie running the windows app using wine - thought I might add this tidbit

this app uses wine underneath, it only provides a quick setup. I can try and setup from scratch again and see if I can reproduce. I have been using this app (still on edge) ever since I first published it.

1 Like

Thanks Sergio - I am assuming you saw my comment that running it using wine alone also doesn’t work - I am thinking of returning my RM 2 since I need it for lecturing and if I can’t do a live screen share it loses 50% of the utility for me

Hi @sergiusens ,

Same issue here. I think that I have used this snap in some previous versions, but some months ago it stopped working.

Some feedback from the terminal just if it helps:

Launching the snap starts throwing a lot of errors and warnings like the following:

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 4: unknown element "its:rules"
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 5: unknown element "its:translateRule"
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'translate'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 5: invalid attribute 'selector'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'xmlns:its'
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-hinting-slight.conf", line 6: invalid attribute 'version'

And after stating the application (it opens the license agreement window):

Driver does not support the 0x46a6 PCI ID.
libGL error: failed to create dri screen
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 5468941F at address 68B19BA4 (thread 00c0), starting debugger...
Can't attach process 00bc: error 5

with many other errors and warnings as listed below, and

16:27:32.066 [01;33mrm.network.usertoken     Invalid UserToken : ""[0;37m (userToken2Json C:/a/xochitl/xochitl/src/network/src/use m
16:27:32.083 [02;32mrm.network.usertoken     Could not parse UserToken as Json object[0;37m (parseTimeinfo C:/a/xochitl/xochitl/sr m

Hopefully this will help you find a solution.

hi to all of you :slight_smile:

I have a problem when executing the remarkable app apparently the wine version is holding windows 7 and 10 is needed after the update :confused:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: !