The Snappy team is happy to announce the availability of snapd 2.24!
After some maintenance releases during the 2.23 series we focused in 2.24 on new features again.
Some of the highlights:
- remove snap config values when snap is removed
- fix potential transition issue from ubuntu-core to core
- work towards improved aliases
- (many) cross distro improvements
- fixes to work better with gnome-software
- enable large file support
- handle missing
- rework internal interface API to be more flexible and extensible
- detect devmode by inspecting the apparmor support in the kernel
- test improvements
- allow chroot in base template
- Fix pi-config and add new sdtv_aspect,config_hdmi_boost,hdmi_force_hotplug options
- interface updates: browser-support,unity7,framebuffer,location-observe,location-control,browser-support,mir,opengl,unity8
- new interfaces: joystrick,maliit,autopilot
The new release is available in the core snap (and also in ubuntu-core) in the stable channel.
It is also available in Fedora 24,25,26 and Rawhide and the Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 16.10 and 17.04 updates pockets. More distributions will follow at their own pace.
To install this new release just run the following command:
$ sudo snap refresh --beta core
The source is available at https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/releases/tag/2.24
Enjoy and let us know if you notice any issues.
Michael (on behalf of the Snappy team)