Query Mir for active connections/clients

Hi,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to query Mir somehow to ask it if it has any active client connections. Is it possible to communicate on the socket that miral-kiosk creates and request the information ?

It could be possible to do it by examining the kernel socket information in combination with the kernel processes information, but that feels a bit more brittle. It would be nice if there was some kind of query, or way of getting miral-kiosk to expose the info if required.

Any ideas @alan_g ?

Cheers,
Just

Sounds like you’re looking for the wlr_foreign_toplevel_management_unstable_v1 Wayland protocol extension. This is implemented by Mir, but disabled by default: It needs to be configured explicitly because it allows “snooping”.

I’m not sure if you’re asking about the mir-kiosk snap here (there’s no snap called miral-kiosk), but this should help you:

Yes, it’s the mir-kiosk snap, but it looked like the process that creates the wayland socket is called miral-kiosk.

Thanks @alan_g I will take a look at the wlr_foreign_toplevel_management_unstable_v1 extension :+1:

Cheers, Just

1 Like