Pyradio no sound and an mknod denied error

I need a quick assist with pyradio as I’m not exactly sure how to proceed, given my limited experience with these kinds of issues.

I’ve been working on a refresh of the pyradio snap along with the @Snapcrafters and ran into this issue where the snap is “working” and there aren’t any odd logs from the app itself, but there’s no sound.

Here is the link to my WIP snapcraft.yaml for reference.

Here is the current error I’m seeing when running snappy-debug:

= AppArmor =
Time: Jan 11 15:13:13
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="mknod" class="file" profile="snap.pyradio.pyradio" name="/run/user/1000/pyradio.lock" pid=39406 comm="python3" requested_mask="c" denied_mask="c" fsuid=1000 ouid=1000
File: /run/user/1000/pyradio.lock (write)
Suggestions:
* adjust program to use $SNAP_DATA
* adjust program to use /run/shm/snap.$SNAP_NAME.*
* adjust program to use /run/snap.$SNAP_NAME.*
* adjust snap to use snap layouts (https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/snap-layouts/7207)

Here is a link to a similar forum post that I found that seems to be related, but not sure what to do, exactly:

If anyone has any ideas, I’m glad to give them a shot, or if you have the cycles, fork my repo and provide a PR that might help :slight_smile:

the app should really use $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to determine the path for the lockfile, it should point to exactly what snappy-debug suggests, check the code if it actually hardcodes /run/user/$UID/ by chance and patch that out …