Prepare-image - mensagem de erro

No Ubuntu 21.04, sempre que uso qualquer comando snap eu recebo a seguinte mensagem:
“2021/05/16 19:01:35.767720 main.go:176: description of prepare-image’s “” is lowercase: “o directório de destino””

Sou novato no Linux de modo geral e solicito a ajuda da comunidade, pela qual ficarei muito grato.

Hi, what is the output of these commands:

snap version
locale

?

This seems to be an issue with the translation of the snap prepare-image help options, but I’m not sure which option nor which language/locale the translation is incorrect.

My guess is that this is Spanish(?) and so I tried to reproduce the issue by installing language-pack-es debian package and then ran this:

for l in $(locale -a | grep es_); do
    if LANG=$l snap prepare-image --help 2>&1 | grep main.go; then
        echo $l
     fi
done

but nothing came up. I am on Ubuntu Hirsute as well…

cristovam@PRESARIO-CQ-23:~$ snap version
2021/05/18 14:56:35.920510 main.go:176: description of prepare-image’s “” is lowercase: “o directório de destino”
snap 2.50
snapd 2.50
series 16
ubuntu 21.04
kernel 5.11.0-17-generic
cristovam@PRESARIO-CQ-23:~$ locale
LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en
LC_CTYPE=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_NUMERIC=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_TIME=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_COLLATE=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_MONETARY=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_MESSAGES=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_PAPER=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_NAME=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_ADDRESS=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_TELEPHONE=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_MEASUREMENT=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_IDENTIFICATION=“pt_BR.UTF-8”
LC_ALL=

Ao tentar instalar o pacote Espanhol, não dá erro, mas a mensagem reportada no início continua a ser mostrada:
cristovam@PRESARIO-CQ-23:~$ snap version
2021/05/18 15:21:52.527805 main.go:176: description of prepare-image’s “” is lowercase: "o directório de destino"
snap 2.50
snapd 2.50
series 16
ubuntu 21.04
kernel 5.11.0-17-generic

Ah thanks for that. So the issue is with the Portuguese translation, I can reproduce this by installing language-pack-pt and then setting LANG=pt_BR.utf8 or LANG=pt_PT.utf8. I’ll ask around to find out where our translations live to try and get this fixed, thanks for reporting this issue.

Eu fico muito grato pela ajuda e aguardarei pela solução.
Espero que, no futuro, eu tenha conhecimentos suficientes para ajudar também.
Abraços.
(Google Tradutor) I am very grateful for the help and will wait for the solution.
I hope that in the future, I will have enough knowledge to help too.
Hugs.

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same information you shared. keep suggesting such a post.

Kabosucoin

Eu aguardo uma solução ansiosamente.

O problema ainda persiste. É muito incoveniente obter:
"main.go:176: description of prepare-image’s “” is lowercase in locale “pt_BR”: “o directório de destino”
a cada comando do snap. Esta observação segue a propósito de que não se esqueçam da causa dos usuários pt-br.