`personal-files` request for ghtt

ghtt is a tool to help teachers manage assignments and exams on GitHub. It bundles git to interact with git repositories.

It needs access to the following files so git config like name and email address are configured correctly.

plugs:
  gitconfig:
    interface: personal-files
    read:
      - $HOME/.gitconfig         # the old location
      - $HOME/.config/git/config # the new location (people could change it via XDG_CONFIG_HOME and that isn't supported by snapd yet)

+1 from me for ghtt for personal-files access to gitconfig as above.

Ping @reviewers can you please vote on this request?

Are we voting for access to that interface, or auto-connection?

@galgalesh can you please confirm if you are requesting auto-connect to this interface or just access?

I didn’t know there was a way to get access without auto-connection.

I guess I’m asking for both access and auto-connection.

Alright, +1 to auto-connected read-only access to $HOME/.gitconfig as well as $HOME/.config/git/config.

+1 for use of and auto-connection for personal-files for gitconfig files using the interface reference ‘gitconfig’.

3 votes for, 0 against for use of. 2 votes for and 0 against for auto-connection. Granting. This is now live.

(@galgalesh - most interface requests are indeed for auto-connection, but personal-files and system-files have an installation constraint to use at all, so there are potentially two things to vote on).

Note, while the snap declaration has been granted, there is a corresponding change to the review-tools that has been made that is not yet in production and new revisions will not pass automated review until it is. In the meantime, you can request manual reviews for new revisions and a reviewer can manually approve.