Personal-files request for atlan

We intend to release a strictly confined snap named atlan that facilitates interaction with the Atlan platform. This snap requires access to the user’s local files to process and upload them to Atlan.

The plug looks like the following

plugs:
  atlan-project-files:
    interface: personal-files
    read:
      - $HOME/Documents
      - $HOME/Desktop
      - $HOME/Downloads
    write:
      - $HOME/Documents
      - $HOME/Desktop
      - $HOME/Downloads

The home interface should already provide this access and should probably be preferred instead - can you try this instead (it auto-connects by default and doesn’t need any special request here either for its use so I recommend you try this instead).

There are hidden directories like .atlan which we need to access in order to load configuration files.

Hey @itatlan

access to .atlan directory could be provided via personal-files interface.

@jslarraz : Yes, we need personal-files for accessing .atlan directory. Need approval to use personal-files interface in the snap, hence we raised this request.

So just to be clear, you are now requesting read access to $HOME/.atlan via personal-files, is it right?

@jslarraz yes, we need read and write access to .atlan personal-files anywhere inside $HOME directory

@itatlan - do you also require manual connection or auto-connection?

in either case, +1 from me as this directory is owned by this snap

This requires auto-connection

+1 from me too for auto-connect of a personal-files interface named dot-atlan providing write access to the $HOME/.atlan path as this snap is the clear owner of this path.

Can you please update your snap to declare this and we can proceed with granting the use of it in the store? Thanks.

Re-iterating on the plug requirement. The .atlan folder can be inside any directory in $HOME. So, requesting personal-files read write access for $HOME/.atlan provides access as mentioned above.

@itatlan I notice the most recent revisions of atlan are not using personal-files anymore and are published into the store - can you confirm if this is still required?

@itatlan - ping, can you please provide the requested information?