Opengl and snappy.scan-log

Hello. I am the maintainer of lifereas snap.

It working well but I was looking using snappy.scan-log and found this:

Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.liferea.liferea" name="/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.7.0" pid=70832 comm="WebKitWebProces" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.liferea.liferea" name="/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL.so.1.1.0" pid=70832 comm="WebKitWebProces" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.liferea.liferea" name="/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0.0.0" pid=70832 comm="WebKitWebProces" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.liferea.liferea" name="/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0.0.0" pid=70832 comm="WebKitWebProces" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.liferea.liferea" name="/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0.0.0" pid=70832 comm="WebKitWebProces" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0

The snap has the opengl plug so I tried to see the forbidden files and the problem is that the files don’t exists

alejo @ ~/mysnaps/liferea-snap - [master] $ ls -l /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0.0.0
ls: cannot access '/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0.0.0': No such file or directory

what is the /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/? In my machine this folder is empty. Should it have some files?

Thanks

/var/lib/snapd/hostfs/ is a mountpoint, on your host it should always be empty … when an app is executed as a snap then bits and pieces of your rootfs get mounted there so the snap can access system or hardware relevant files …

your error though … looks more like LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH is not properly set. does your app use one of the snapcraft desktop launchers (or the gnome or qt extension) ? that should normally set the variable correctly (i.e. nvidia drivers ship these libs in a different place, the var needs to point there).

The snap uses the desktop-launch and the gnome-extrenstion.

If you want to see by yourself it in https://github.com/almejo/liferea-snap

Can I look another log to find the problem?

you seem to be missing the opengl interface …

you are right!!! I checked it up, but maybe I edited the wrong snap (from another project). I will generate a new version.

I will post if everything is ok

I added the plug and now files are in place

thanks and sorry :smiley:

1 Like