One more developer who might be a star

Hi, I am Keshav Bhatt & I’m writing this request for myself.

I am a developer, publisher & maintainer of around 36 snaps in the store.

The most notable free and open source applications that I developed, and published via snap store:

1. Whatsie - Feature-rich Whatsapp client for Linux Desktop (Install Whatsie - WhatsApp for Linux on Linux | Snap Store)

2. Glate - Translation/Text to Speech tool (Install Glate - Translation/Text to Speech tool on Linux | Snap Store)

3. BingWall - Bing wallpaper of the day (Install BingWall - Bing wallpaper of the day on Linux | Snap Store)

4. Plumber - Media trimmer (Install Plumber - Media trimmer on Linux | Snap Store)

5. MusicRadar - Music recognition App for Linux (https://snapcraft.io/music-radar)

6. Olivia - Cloud Music Player (Install Olivia Cloud Music Player on Linux | Snap Store)

7. Color Picker (Install Color Picker on Linux | Snap Store)

8. ColorPie- Color convertor (Install ColorPie on Linux | Snap Store)

9. Currency Conv (Install Currency Conv on Linux | Snap Store)

10. Gifex - Gif recorder (Install Gifex - Gif recorder on Linux | Snap Store)

11. QSnapStore - snap store browser (Install QSnapStore on Linux | Snap Store)

12. PixelFx - Photo Editor (Install PixelFx - Photo Editor (Beta) on Linux | Snap Store)

13. MovieSquare - Movie discovery client for Linux Desktop (Install MovieSquare on Linux | Snap Store)

14. Kdictionary - Dictionary Suite (Install Kdictionary - Dictionary Suite on Linux | Snap Store)

15. 2048 - Puzzle game (Install 2048 - Puzzle game on Linux | Snap Store)

16. Worddle (wrapper) - Guess the WORDLE in 6 tries (https://snapcraft.io/worddle)

17. MkCron - Simple cron schedule expression editor (Install MkCron on Linux | Snap Store)

List all snaps published and maintained by Keshav Bhatt

You can find the source code of all of the above-listed application on my GitHub account here https://github.com/keshavbhatt

I publish most of my work via snap store and advocate the cause of snaps and snap store. Not because I have all my apps published as snaps but for the following few reasons:

• snaps are secure

• snaps are easy to build

• snaps are easy to maintain

• updating snaps consumes less bandwidth

• snap store provides the quickest and safest delivery of software from the original developer to millions of Linux users worldwide

• Snap store’s application publishing approach is developer friendly

• with dedicated product pages for each application and the optimal SEO, snapcraft web store lets developers reach millions of potential users around the world

• snapcraft build and publishing service alleviates the effort of managing the application lifecycle and allows developers to focus on development rather than application publication. It saves a significant amount of time

• wonderful community, this forum where everyone can openly express their concerns directly to developers involved in the development of the project

and much more :heart:

5 Likes

I am +1 for @keshavnrj who has created numerous utilities/apps and targeting their delivery as snaps

2 Likes

+1 from me - the candidate definitely has made a large contribution to the snap ecosystem and continues to do so.

2 Likes

Thank you for your application and for being an avid snap publisher and community member! You are now a star developer! :star:

5 Likes