Olive video editor snap is outdated and needs a maintainer

Hello guys,

I’ve just asked on Olive Editor Discord channel why is their snap package so outdated and they said it lacks maintainer. It’s a really cool and fast developing project with a lot of potential so if someone from here would be so kind to help them with their snap packaging I think it would be really appreciated by the community and Olive devs.

https://github.com/olive-editor/olive

Ty! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s always a bit of a bummer when a cool project like Olive Editor doesn’t have enough hands on deck to keep things up-to-date. I’ve seen this happen with a few open-source projects I’ve followed.

Seeing projects like Olive Editor needing help reminds me of this one time I was using an open-source drawing app that started having issues because they didn’t have enough people updating it. It’s amazing how much difference some extra help can make. If someone knows their way around snap packaging, jumping in to help Olive could really boost the project.

I think it’s pretty cool how people in the open-source community band together to improve software. It’s like, if you’re into video editing or making stuff like a music video maker, getting involved in a project like Olive not only helps everyone using it but can also be a neat learning experience for yourself.