Nvidia-core22 publisher & autoconnect change

nvidia-core22 is now a stable implementation of graphics-core22 interface.

Please transfer the publisher from myself to Canonical Ltd.

Please allow auto-connect nvidia-core22:graphics-core22 if a snap requests nvidia-core22 as the default provider for its use of graphics-core22.

2 Likes

if a snap requests nvidia-core22 as the default provider for its use of graphics-core22.

There shouldn’t be an “if” - if nvidia-core22 snap is installed, snaps need to auto-connect their graphics-core22 interface to it (and not pull mesa-core22 in). Which, I understand, a global auto-connect will result in.

Hi there,

I’ve transferred, but keep in mind:

Canonical-owned snaps should have a reasonable commitment to maintenance (not an issue with this one), but we also ask that they are stable and have proper metadata so they also present adequately in snapcraft.io, given that they will be associated with Canonical’s name. Your snap is stable, so also no problem there.

For this snap specifically, the description says it’s experimental “An experimental content snap containing the nvidia and mesa libraries and drivers for core 20” - maybe needs an update, and also the license is unset. Can you fix/spruce those up ?

The auto-connection is usually handled by @alexmurray and his capable crew :slight_smile:

• Daniel

Yeah, it is stable now and descriptions should have updated from the snapcraft.yaml declarations. I will check all references and correct things. Thanks for noticing this.

@reviewers ping! Pretty please the auto-connection, here’s a cupcake for your trouble: :cupcake:

+1 from me for auto-connection.

+1 from me too.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting global auto-connect for the graphics-core22 slot of the nvidia-core22 snap. This is now live.