No provider of 'snapd' found

I had been trying to use snapd to install homebridge, among other things, in openSUSE Tumbleweed last night, and couldn’t find my way around this issue so I got it all working in other, albeit less convenient ways. But I tried it again today to set up pihole, and I keep running into this:

localhost:/home/randy # zypper install snapd
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'snapd' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
No provider of 'snapd' found.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.

I found another way to install it online so that:

localhost:/home/randy # zypper si snapd
Loading repository data...

The following source package is going to be installed:
  snapd

1 source package to install.
Overall download size: 2.7 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 2.7
MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): y
Retrieving srcpackage snapd-2.43.3-1.2.noarch                                         (1/1)
Retrieving: snapd-2.43.3-1.2.src.rpm ..................................[done (688.2 KiB/s)]

Checking for file conflicts: ........................................................[done]
(1/1) Installing: snapd-2.43.3-1.2.src ..............................................[done]

It looks like it installs properly, but when I then try to enable it I still get:

localhost:/home/randy # systemctl enable snapd
Failed to enable unit: Unit file snapd.service does not exist.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am very interested in seeing what all I can do with my raspberry pi 4

Hi! Have you seen this page? It details the specifics about the repository which needs adding.

1 Like

I have, yes. I have added the proper openSUSE Tumbleweed repository, snappy, gone through refreshing it and importing the gpg key, I just can’t seem to install it. I’ve even gone back to try and add the repository to make sure I didn’t miss it, and it says I’ve already added it.

I ran through the commands again, both on that page you linked to and the ones I listed above, and I got a new result this time. Not sure if this helps, but it seems like it brings us closer to resolution on this.

14bbe8fc12ea:/home/randy # zypper si snapd                                      Loading repository data...

Problem: nothing provides gcc-32bit needed by snapd-2.43.3-1.3.src
 Solution 1: do not ask to install a solvable providing snapd.src = 2.43.3-1.3
 Solution 2: break snapd-2.43.3-1.3.src by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] (c):

I very well could be doing something wrong, in fact there’s a decent chance of it, but it seems like I’ve followed directions properly. I’m just at a loss of what could be happening.

I have gone through more steps, again, this time from the opensuse site and still no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be causing my issues? At this point I’m about ready to simply give up on getting snapd working on my raspberry pi.