No audio in Linux Mint 20

Hi,

A user reported that our app, antstream-arcade, has no sound in Linux Mint 20, which I could verify as correct after installing that distro and our snap package.

When running the app for the first time, this dialog appears:

After closing the app, issuing sudo snap connect antstream-arcade:alsa in a terminal, and opening it again, the dialog is gone, but still no sound. In the terminal I can see the following messages:

$ antstream-arcade 
Testing for explicit PulseAudio choice...
Testing for ALSA permissions...
...and using ALSA.

(process:3955): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 11:22:23.251: g_settings_schema_source_lookup: assertion 'source != NULL' failed

(process:3955): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 11:22:23.581: g_settings_schema_source_lookup: assertion 'source != NULL' failed
ALSA lib conf.c:4120:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib conf.c:4120:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2642:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackAlsa_open: Could not open playback device 'default': No such file or directory

Any advice is welcome.

Has this been solved? I have the exact same problem with KDE Neon. No audio with antream arcade.

I had the same problem July 17, 2023. I figured out how to fix it by using command sudo snap disconnect antstream-arcade:alsa then it works. Disable it asking for alsa if you prefer. Looking through bug reports I found using web search, it might be a bug in how antstream interfaces with alsa library.