New autoconnect request for Device Update for IoT Hub

Continuing the discussion from Submitting request for Device Update for IoT Hub autoconnecting to Microsoft Delivery optimization interfaces:

This is a new request from @eshashah-msft :

In addition to the above interfaces, I would like to request autoconnect to deviceupdate-agent-downloads plug interface in the Device Update snap This enables download and storing update payloads by the Delivery Optimization Snap.

Hi @eshashah-msft , I didnt get the request here, which interface the snap wants auto-connect to?

thanks

@0xnishit The request is for Device Update snap to autoconnect to the deviceupdate-agent-downloads plug interface in the Delivery Optimization snap

Given the reasoning for the multiple publishers on the linked thread, +1 from me for auto connecting the requested content interface for deviceupdate-agent-downloads. Can other @reviewers please vote?

Pending approval, you will also need to update the snapcraft.yaml files to have matching content names. Correct me if I have the wrong snap revisions, but this means the content: tag in the plug for deviceupdate-agent-downloads in the deliveryoptimization-agent snap should match content: tag in the downloads-folder slot in the deviceupdate-agent snap.

1 Like

@cav Yes. We will republish the yaml file.

1 Like

Hi @review-team : Looking for approval on the above autoconnect request

+1 from me too - apologies for the delay in reviewing this request.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of the content interface deviceupdate-agent-downloads to snap deliveryoptimization-agent.

Let me know once the yaml file is republished with the content tag updates mentioned prior and I’ll go ahead an make the change to make this auto-connection live. Thanks for your patience!

Hi @eshashah-msft ,

Any updates on the changes requested by @cav ?

Thanks!

Thanks for the approval. I will make the changes and republish the snap yaml file.

1 Like

@eshashah-msft - pinging to see if you have any update on on republishing? Thank you!

@eshashah-msft - ping, this request cannot proceed without the update. Thanks!

@eshashah-msft - since we’ve not heard back from you, we are removing this request from our review queue. When you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks.