Need "verified" check for crossbario account

We have a snapcraft account named crossbario, we currently publish two snaps crossbar and crossbar-pypy, going forwards we will be using that same account to publish a few of our commercial softwares as well, so it would be helpful for people installing our software to know that its indeed coming from an authentic source.

That account is created by @crossbario.com email, so I guess it fulfills the criteria.

cc @Wimpress @popey

1 Like

We don’t currently have a well-defined process for verified developers. I’m not keen to start the precedent that people start a thread to request verification without that process.

2 Likes

We don’t currently have a well-defined process for verified developers.

Any update on this topic? The issue from my point of view is that we currently have verified developers AND unverified developers (that simply don’t know how to get verified). From the user’s point of view, this makes any unverified developer a kind of shady source of software, from which the acceptance of the whole store suffers.

cc @Wimpress @popey

Sorry @digidigital neither myself nor @Wimpress works on snapcraft anymore. Someone else will have to answer this one.

@popey What do you work on now?

And are there any news on a process and documentation of that process to get a verified developer account?