On my system:

$ snap info libreoffice
…excess info cut…
channels:
latest/stable: 5.3.4.2 (21) 368MB -
latest/candidate: 5.3.2.2 (19) 375MB -
latest/beta: 5.3.4.2 (21) 368MB -
latest/edge: 5.3.2.2 (19) 375MB -

Stable is up to date, but the rest are behind. At the very least, they should all be caught up to stable. But given that 5.4 is already out, “latest” should point to that one.

Probably, the best thing to do is to make the snaps match the “fresh” and “still” distinction used in the official downloads. Thus, something like (approximated based on release plan as of July 30, 2017):

fresh/stable: 5.4.0
fresh/candidate: 5.4.0
fresh/beta: 5.4.0
fresh/edge: 5.4.1.alpha1 (dunno what to do about the fact that 6.0 dev overlaps)

still/stable: 5.3.4.2
still/candidate: 5.3.5.rc1
still/beta: 5.3.5.rc1
still/edge: 5.3.5.rc1

1 Like

@oSoMoN Thanks for all your work on the LibreOffice snap, can you update it please? 5.4 has been out for over a week and it’s a bit of a shame that people can’t use the snap to update and have to resort to Flatpak or a PPA if they want the update immediately (and many do).

Olivier could use another track for dev, so 6.0 dev would go in dev/edge. Then he’d have to make the decision on whether Fresh or dev goes in latest/edge, maybe fresh/edge could go in latest/beta and dev/edge could go in latest/edge, if that’s possible (but that’s a bit messy), or latest should just use the same releases as fresh and people can work out how to install dev/edge if they want that.

I like the idea of having a separate “dev” track. I would suggest the name “next”, personally.

I would also second having “latest” track “fresh”, for simplicity. (Assuming that “latest” is necessary at all. Not that familiar with snaps myself.)

They’re called ‘development versions’ by LibreOffice themselves, though

But that doesn’t apply uniquely to the latest point version, does it? For a very concrete example, I took a look at the daily snapshots, and both 5.4 daily and 6.0 daily were called “LibreOfficeDev”.

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/libreoffice-5-4/Win-x86_64@62-TDF/current/
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86_64@62-TDF/current/

Yes, I’m working on packaging 5.4 (currently looking into unit test failures). Once I’ve caught up with the latest release, I’ll start looking into pushing RC and development snapshots to other channels. One thing at a time :slight_smile:

Hi

Any update as to when we can expect 5.4?

In the meantime you can snapcraft close libreoffice edge beta candidate