Missing library

authy_snap

I installed it with qubes-snapd-helper in template(snapd itself) and then i installed the snap in the DomU(GuestVM).

Can someone tell me what i have to do to get it working again, it worked before, then i deleted it one time and installed it via snap install again and it worked one or two times it started, but after that it says that the mentioned library seems missing.

What does snap connections authy show?

Authy expects to find libX11.so.6 library in the gnome-3-28-1804 snap, which means that if it is not listed as “connected” then it’ll be unable to find the library.

This is what the output is for a freshly installed, and running, copy of authy:

Interface                 Plug                   Slot                             Notes
browser-support           authy:browser-support  :browser-support                 -
content[gnome-3-28-1804]  authy:gnome-3-28-1804  gnome-3-28-1804:gnome-3-28-1804  -
content[gtk-3-themes]     authy:gtk-3-themes     gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes   -
content[icon-themes]      authy:icon-themes      gtk-common-themes:icon-themes    -
content[sound-themes]     authy:sound-themes     gtk-common-themes:sound-themes   -
desktop                   authy:desktop          :desktop                         -
desktop-legacy            authy:desktop-legacy   :desktop-legacy                  -
gsettings                 authy:gsettings        :gsettings                       -
home                      authy:home             :home                            -
network                   authy:network          :network                         -
opengl                    authy:opengl           :opengl                          -
pulseaudio                authy:pulseaudio       -                                -
unity7                    authy:unity7           :unity7                          -
wayland                   authy:wayland          :wayland                         -
x11                       authy:x11              :x11                             -

authy2

what does Plug and Slot mean?

Right, your content snaps have become disconnected. Run the following to reconnect them:

sudo snap connect authy:gnome-3-28-1804 gnome-3-28-1804
sudo snap connect authy:gtk-3-themes gtk-common-themes
sudo snap connect authy:icon-themes gtk-common-themes
sudo snap connect authy:sound-themes gtk-common-themes
1 Like
[user@personal ~][user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gnome-3-28-1804 gnome-3-28-1804
[user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gtk-3-themes gtk-common-themes
error: snap "gtk-common-themes" has multiple "content" interface slots:
       gtk-2-themes, gtk-3-themes, icon-themes, sound-themes
[user@personal ~]$ ^C
[user@personal ~]$ authy
WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement

(authy:1828): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 13:44:17.480: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/home/user/snap/authy/common/.cache/gdk-pixbuf-loaders.cache': No such file or directory

This likely means that your installation is broken.
Try running the command
  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /home/user/snap/authy/common/.cache/gdk-pixbuf-loaders.cache
to make things work again for the time being.
Gtk-Message: 13:44:17.641: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 13:44:17.684: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
GLib-GIO-Message: 13:44:20.645: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'then' of undefined
    at Function.AutoUpdater.init (/snap/authy/5/resources/app.asar/js/background.js:63422:22)
    at Object.create (/snap/authy/5/resources/app.asar/js/background.js:56845:34)
    at App.WindowHelper.create (/snap/authy/5/resources/app.asar/js/background.js:13670:32)
    at App.emit (events.js:208:15)

authy-startup-log

you should pick the correct slot name here :wink: (likely “gtk-3-themes”)

And what is the other suggestion that the startup log says?
Thank you! Luckily i found one that has a clue.

not sure, which errors are left after you properly connected the interface (the pixbuf stuff should surely go away once the correct interfaces are connected) ?

[user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gtk-3-themes gtk-3-themes
error: snap "gtk-3-themes" has no "content" interface slots
[user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gtk-3-themes icon-themes
error: snap "icon-themes" has no "content" interface slots
[user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gtk-3-themes sound-themes
error: snap "sound-themes" has no "content" interface slots
[user@personal ~]$

hmmm, should i try the command that the startup log says?

no, you actually want to give the snap command some more information about who provides the slot you want to connect to, try something like:

sudo snap connect authy:gtk-3-themes gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes
sudo snap connect authy:icon-themes gtk-common-themes:icon-themes
sudo snap connect authy:sound-themes gtk-common-themes:sound-themes
[user@personal ~]$ snap connections authy
Interface                 Plug                   Slot                             Notes
browser-support           authy:browser-support  :browser-support                 -
content[gnome-3-28-1804]  authy:gnome-3-28-1804  gnome-3-28-1804:gnome-3-28-1804  manual
content[gtk-3-themes]     authy:gtk-3-themes     gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes   manual
content[icon-themes]      authy:icon-themes      gtk-common-themes:icon-themes    manual
content[sound-themes]     authy:sound-themes     gtk-common-themes:sound-themes   manual
desktop                   authy:desktop          :desktop                         -
desktop-legacy            authy:desktop-legacy   :desktop-legacy                  -
gsettings                 authy:gsettings        :gsettings                       -
home                      authy:home             :home                            -
network                   authy:network          :network                         -
opengl                    authy:opengl           :opengl                          -
pulseaudio                authy:pulseaudio       -                                -
unity7                    authy:unity7           :unity7                          -
wayland                   authy:wayland          :wayland                         -
x11                       authy:x11              :x11                             -
[user@personal ~]$ authy
WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement

(authy:2449): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 15:57:59.897: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/home/user/snap/authy/common/.cache/gdk-pixbuf-loaders.cache': No such file or directory

This likely means that your installation is broken.
Try running the command
  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /home/user/snap/authy/common/.cache/gdk-pixbuf-loaders.cache
to make things work again for the time being.
Gtk-Message: 15:57:59.936: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 15:57:59.938: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
GLib-GIO-Message: 15:58:00.565: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'then' of undefined
    at Function.AutoUpdater.init (/snap/authy/5/resources/app.asar/js/background.js:63422:22)
    at Object.create (/snap/authy/5/resources/app.asar/js/background.js:56845:34)
    at App.WindowHelper.create (/snap/authy/5/resources/app.asar/js/background.js:13670:32)
    at App.emit (events.js:208:15)

Why do i have to connect these ? Because it started before the same way and it after that i connected it it prints out the same suggestion and that the installation is broken. The GUI showed up before too but i haven’t it tested yet. I want to keept it as slim as possible to minimize attack vectors. It started before when i have only connected the first suggestion that daniel stated before.

I connected this with that command

sudo snap connect authy:gnome-3-28-1804 gnome-3-28-1804

that daniel said in the first line and it started with the pixbuf staff. But it started. After that i connected the other libraries and it is still there(the pixbuff errors).

theer are no attack vectors here … you are just connecting into a different (readonly) snap with the themes, i would actually have expected the pixbuf stuff to go away since the theme interfaces should provide access to the theme tools shipped in the gnome-3-28-1804 snap.

when i install authy from the beta channel here, everything auto-connects and i do not get such messages at all (there are seemingly some other errors with the app wallpaper or so, but the app runs fine without pixbuf errors)

what is the system you are running on … (i.e. can you show the full output of snap version ?)

EDIT: also note that authy does not yet have a stable release in the store … so in the beta channel some minor issues are surely to be expected (edge is for developers anyway and likely has development bugs)

I have to say that you must be right, as the phsyical isolation in Qubes would work that way, because the AppVM relays as read only on the root filesystem from TemplateVM. But the App started after when i connected the first one command. I should try it with an account that is not really relevant as test because it seems that it does not run really stable.

With what command i can disconnect the connected libraries before? just sudo disconnect?

see snap help connect and snap help disconnect (for the actual connect/disconnect commands you need sudo if you did not snap login before)

1 Like
[user@personal ~]$ snap version
snap    2.48.2-1.fc32
snapd   2.48.2-1.fc32
series  16
fedora  32
kernel  5.4.88-1.qubes.x86_64
[user@personal ~]$ 

What are the theme tools? Are they necessary?

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders

It stopped working again, it worked before with the usual fail warnings

[user@personal ~]$ authy
/snap/authy/7/authy: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[user@personal ~]$ snap connections
browser-support           gimp:browser-support   :browser-support                 -
content[gnome-3-28-1804]  authy:gnome-3-28-1804  gnome-3-28-1804:gnome-3-28-1804  manual
content[gtk-3-themes]     gimp:gtk-3-themes      gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes   -
content[icon-themes]      gimp:icon-themes       gtk-common-themes:icon-themes    -
content[sound-themes]     gimp:sound-themes      gtk-common-themes:sound-themes   -
desktop                   gimp:desktop           :desktop                         -
desktop-legacy            gimp:desktop-legacy    :desktop-legacy                  -
gsettings                 gimp:gsettings         :gsettings                       -
home                      gimp:home              :home                            -
network                   gimp:network           :network                         -
opengl                    gimp:opengl            :opengl                          -
unity7                    gimp:unity7            :unity7                          -
wayland                   gimp:wayland           :wayland                         -
x11                       gimp:x11               :x11                             -
[user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gnome-28-1804 gnome-3-28-1804
error: snap "authy" has no plug named "gnome-28-1804"
[user@personal ~]$ sudo snap connect authy:gnome-3-28-1804 gnome-3-28-1804
[user@personal ~]$ authy
/snap/authy/7/authy: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[user@personal ~]$