Mir-Kiosk & Vivante GPU

Hi Guys,

I have ported ubuntu-core on NXP IMX6DL SABRESD board which supports vivante gpu. I have installed mir-kiosk snap on it. Everytime i try to start the snap it fails giving following error:

gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file

Do we have any way in current implementation to pass on this libs to ubuntu-core packages?

Thanks,
Tarak Patel

we’d need to ship it inside the mir-kiosk snap instead and pointing LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH to its install location using the environment keyword like:

IIRC the mir team has a special package providing the drivers they use in mir-kiosk, probably it could be added there for the time being.

perhaps @greyback or @AlbertA can help here …

(there is also a GL libs location thread here in the forum where we discussed installing them from a library snap here):

We don’t have a good answer for this yet unfortunately - you can see I raised this exact problem in the forum post @ogra linked.

For you, the fastest short-term solution is:

• custom mir-kiosk snap, which includes the GL drivers needed.
  • your application snap also including a copy of those same GL drivers.

Slightly more complex approach is

• custom mir-kiosk snap, which includes the GL drivers you need. Have this provide a content interface which shares those GL drivers.
  • your application snap can consume that content interface.

We have plans for improving this situation, but we’re just not there yet.
Thanks
-G

Thanks @ogra and @greyback for the prompt reply. I have a good understanding of what needs to be done. If i had any other issue i will contact here.

Thanks for your time.