Mir-kiosk Screen Orientation

Hello,

For the life of me I can’t figure out how to change the screen orientation in mir-kiosk, can’t see any thing in this forum or Google on the subject but assume there must be a way to change the orientation?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Adam

Are you wanting to change this as a client application author? Or as a user of a client application?

Applications using the legacy mirclient API can control the screen orientation, there’s a command-line example: mirout that demonstrates using these APIs. (Currently, there’s no equivalent functionality using the Wayland support, but it is possible to exec mirout.)

If you don’t control the application then there’s currently no option. The miral-kiosk example server used by mir-kiosk doesn’t have any mechanism for this. (But it would be reasonable to feature request, the difficult question is how to invoke it: using “snap set”, a keyboard combination, a gesture, …)

[edit] I’ve added this to the Mir issues list: https://github.com/MirServer/mir/issues/293

Thank you, yes I am wanting to change as the client application author. I will look into mirout and see if we can figure out how to achieve this

Thanks for the pointer