Migrate user settings and data of a snap package?

I’ve recently installed Chromium browser as my first snap package. I configured the settings to my liking and installed my desired extensions. None of this data is stored in the user-writable area of the snap package (~/snap/).

My understanding is that when the package is updated, a snap package’s configuration files and data (SNAP_USER_DATA and SNAP_DATA) are copied to a new location for access by the newer version. Is it possible to migrate the user settings and data to a different machine (by perhaps copying SNAP_USER_DATA files from /var/snap while preserving permissions?) or would I need to configure the snap browser on each machine?

What do you mean? Settings and extensions are stored under $HOME/snap:

find $HOME/snap/chromium/current/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions -name manifest.json | xargs grep \"name\"
[…]/gphhapmejobijbbhgpjhcjognlahblep/10.1_0/manifest.json:   "name": "__MSG_gs_chrome__",
[…]/pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm/6518.129.0.1_0/manifest.json:   "name": "Chrome Media Router",
[…]/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm/1.15.18_0/manifest.json:   "name": "uBlock Origin",

Ah, you are indeed correct.

I’ve misunderstood how snaps work. I mistakenly thought that files in the home directory were permissive symbolic links to files in /var.

Thanks.