Metadata fields not yet available for update in snapcraft

Related to the efforts described in Snap metadata updates and Mechanisms for converging store and snap metadata, for which we already have a PR waiting for feedback/merge (https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/pull/1634), as well as binary metadata update support in progress, there is something else we need to review: snapcraft support for metadata fields today only update-able through the store UI.

These fields are:

• title
  • keywords
  • blacklist/whitelist countries
  • license
  • contact URL
  • screenshots

(FTR, metadata fields currently supported in the snapcraft.yaml are: summary, description and icon)

The store existing API endpoints have support for all of them, but it would be nice to define a workflow to make it possible to update those via snapcraft too.

Should we discuss each field separately? I know some fields have their own particularities (e.g. license).

Let’s see what the outcome from URL/contact fields in snap metadata is for contact. I am weary of just throwing in new fields.

For screenshot I think it would be nice to see either

meta/gui/
              screenshot_1.png
              screenshot_2.png
              screenshot_N.png

Are there upper limits to the amount of screenshots, if not, should there be? (my guess is yes)
From a snapcraft PoV we will treat this as we do for hooks, either put them in snap/gui/... or make sure they end up through some build process into prime/snap/gui (some cases might have this handled automatically e.g.; declared appstream entries).