Master PDF Editor

I was glad to see that Master PDF Editor is now available as a snap package, and seems to be produced directly by Code Industry. This is a package that I am using now in its DEB-format. As I tried to replace the DEB-package by the snap version, I discovered it doesn’t work on my system. The app logo is not added to the activity app list, and can neither be started from the terminal with the ‘snap run’-command. I also discovered that the program doesn’t add a specific directory to the snap partition within the home directory. As a result I had to switch back to the deb package, at least for the moment. Of course I hope that the snap will work soon and find its way to many users. My system is Ubuntu 22.04.03 LTS x86_64 with kernel 6.2.0-39-generic.

For now, as it’s a proprietary snap, we can’t do much. But, you can run it using

snap run master-pdf-editor-5.masterpdfeditor5

This you will get from the snap info master-pdf-editor-5 command

name:      master-pdf-editor-5
summary:   Master PDF Editor is a full solutions for work with PDF documents
publisher: Code Industry (codeindustry)
store-url: https://snapcraft.io/master-pdf-editor-5
license:   unset
description: |
  Master PDF Editor
  * Edit PDF text and images, Mark and annotate, Merge and split.
  * JavaScript and Dynamic XFA form support.
  * Validation Forms and Calculate Values.
  * Adding a digital signature and Signing PDF Documents.
  * Fast and simple PDF forms fill out.
  * Changing font attributes (size, family, color, etc).
commands:
  - master-pdf-editor-5.masterpdfeditor5
snap-id:      3FshQGn1lOxoJwj7UzzUpDPGo0f7z9iZ
tracking:     latest/stable
refresh-date: today at 17:33 IST
channels:
  latest/stable:    5.9.81 2023-12-13 (4) 225MB -
  latest/candidate: ↑                           
  latest/beta:      ↑                           
  latest/edge:      ↑                           
installed:          5.9.81            (4) 225MB -

Many thanks for this answer. For the time being, I will stick to the deb app but inform the producers and hope they can fix the problem. BTW: I normally prefer snaps as compared to deb or other package formats, but I want to keep using them all.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind and warm message. We as a community will try our best to improve the quality and experience for everyone.

1 Like