ManualReviewPending for new jami-gnome snap and auto-connect requests

Hello @reviewers,

I recently created a new jami-gnome snap under the sfljami snapcraft.io account, and uploaded the very first build to it using snapcraft upload.

However, on the release page I see a Can't be released: ManualReviewPending. tooltip for the uploaded revision. This is presumably because of the DBus slots that the snap lists, which it needs in order to work properly. I’d appreciate it if you would approve it so the snap could be released.

Further, I’d like to request auto-connection of camera and audio-record, which Jami – being a voice/video communication application – needs to work properly. For what it’s worth, these two have been granted for the other jami snap, and both jami and jami-gnome share the exact same logic for calls (both handled by the Jami daemon bundled in each), and I hope that may help expedite the review process for this request for jami-gnome.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Context: the Jami team has been preparing for switching to the new Qt-based jami-qt client application as the main Jami GUI, and part of that is changing the jami snap to be the new Qt-based client, and adding a separate jami-gnome snap for the older GTK-based client for folks who wish to explicitly install and use that instead.

I have granted the use of the dbus names and revision 1 has now passed automatic review.

+1 from me for auto-connect of camera and audio-record for jami-gnome - this snap is clearly identifies that it is used for remote audio/video communications and is well known as such.

1 Like

+1 from me for auto-connect both camera and audio-record since both are clearly required for a voice/video communication app like jami-gnome.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of camera and audio-record to jami-gnome. This is now live.

1 Like