Manual reviews

Does anyone from the store team actually look at snaps that have been flagged for manual review or must we request them via the forum? The wording in the review email is “manual review requested” which suggests that snap authors don’t need to do anything. I’ve purposely left fakecam in this situation to see how long it takes a store review to occur without being chased, and, well, this is shameful - it hasn’t been reviewed manually in over a month despite the wording I pointed to above! Please either fix the warning to tell people “this snap needs reviewing manually. we aren’t going to do it unless you’re a pain in the ass, though, so go make a stink in the forum until we see you”, or make sure manual reviews are actually occurring as a matter of routine!

1 Like

Someone actually reviewed my snap without me having to post a request on the forum. I’m not in a hurry, as I am still working on the snap. I was asked to make a change, so I’m looking forward to a follow-up review and approval soon. But I’m curious about the process too.

1 Like

I’ve had DBus slots approved without posting in the past, so I’m under the impression that they are actively monitored, but those are approvals that can be applied without going to the voting process. Similarly I’ve seen various other people state that the queue is actually followed up on, so it’s not a case of the wording being fabrication at the very least, but maybe there’s some turbulence especially where the review can’t be satisfied in the first response (e.g, where a public vote actually is needed to proceed).