Manual review for charmed-openstack-upgrader + auto-connect for juju-client-observe and personal-files

As part of the BootStack DevOps team, I would like to officially request approval for auto-connect for juju-client-observe and personal-files interfaces into the snap package called charmed-openstack-upgrader.

The tool is to help upgrading charmed OpenStack clouds and in order to do that, we need to read the Juju client configuration to be able to connect using python libjuju. The personal-files (dot-local-share-juju and local-cou) interfaces will be used like this:

plugs:
  dot-local-share-juju:
    interface: personal-files
    write:
      - $HOME/.local/share/juju
  local-cou:
    write:
      - $HOME/.local/share/cou

Thanks

You mention reading the Juju client config, but have requested write access, I presume you need to write new config as part of the upgrade process? Would you be able to rename the local-cou interface to dot-local-share-cou also?

Hi @dclane

We actually don’t need write access, so I’ve removed the dot-local-share-juju and kept juju-client-observe in order to be able to read $HOME/.local/share/juju. I’ve also renamed to dot-local-share-cou as you suggested and now the snapcraft.yaml are like this:

apps:
  cou:
    command: bin/cou.wrapper
    completer: etc/bash_completion.d/snap.cou
    plugs:
      - juju-client-observe
      - network
      - network-bind
      - dot-local-cou

plugs:
  dot-local-cou:
    write:
      - $HOME/.local/share/cou

hi @gabrielcocenza this looks fine to me. +1 to auto-coonect juju-client-observe interface and +1 to auto-connect for personal-files write access on $HOME/.local/share/cou as this file intended to use by this snap.

can you please rename the dot-local-cou interface to dot-local-share-cou as originally suggested by @dclane? thanks

Hi @0xnishit and @dclane. I’ve changed to dot-local-share-cou as requested.

Thanks

thanks @gabrielcocenza, At the end of the 7 day review period defined here: Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks, we will action the request.

Hi, +1 from me for auto-connect to juju-client-observe as well as auto-connect to personal-files in order to have write access to dot-local-share-cou which is required for the functionality of the snap. Thanks

+2 votes for and 0 against. Granting auto-connect to juju-client-observe interface and to personal-files in order to have write access to dot-local-share-cou to charmed-openstack-upgrader. This is now live.