snapd   2.30-0.el7.centos.1
series  16
centos  7
kernel  3.10.0-862.11.6.el7.x86_64

Last working version of LXD snap is

# snap list lxd
Name  Version  Rev   Developer  Notes
lxd   3.5      8774  canonical  -

Automatic refresh to anything after that results in kernel panic on lxd restart, dereferencing null-pointer etc

I tried to boot with different (older) kernels, result is the same.

Can you please include the kernel panic itself?

I’ve linked to your problem on the LXD forum in case that helps. Have you also read this thread? Note that the snapd install instructions on that thread (for example) are likely to be out of date!

Note: 2.30 is fairly old, @mborzecki was actually preparing an updated snap that perhaps you could test to rule out snapd as a factor.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have this panic only in this form

1 Like

I’ve linked to your problem on the LXD forum in case that helps. Have you also read this thread 2? Note that the snapd install instructions on that thread (for example) are likely to be out of date!

That thread was one of my sources on instal of LXD on Centos7.

And it used to work like a charm for half year of so. Till refresh on September 26 killed my host :slight_smile: I can also assure, that Centos config wasn’t touched during those days (today I updated it, but before it was unchanged for couple of months with kernel version 3.10.0-862.3.2)

1 Like

As mentioned in a similar report here https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/lxd-snap-on-centos-7-causes-kernel-panic/2797

The LXD team has noticed this bug over a week ago and are in touch with the right people over at Red Hat so don’t spend time trying to track this down, it’s already been figured out and an update is coming soon.

I’m unfortunately not at liberty to provide more details than that at this time.

3 Likes