KiCadBOM2Spec needs in classic confine

This program generate .ods files. Then it opens generated file with Libre Office (need classic confine).
User manual opens from Help menu as .html files in browser (need classic confine).

Hm, maybe most of the hurdles would go away if you could open .ods files through an xdg-open call in your confined snap which should work just fine for your latter case if it uses xdg-open already.

How I can to use a xdg-open from my confined snap without modifing application src?
Can you link me to manual or help?

Opening html should be done via xdg-open, which is getting better support from snapd in the next release due to the internal support introduced.

As for LibreOffice, we probably don’t want every application to go into classic confinement because they need to open up other files, even more with something as comprehensive as LibreOffice.

Is there a way to save the file so you can open it, instead of having it opening LibreOffice directly?

We’ll definitely have better support for that sort of cross-calling in the near future.

@niemeyer
Why don’t open LibreOffice files the same way (from xdg-open)?
What steps I should do to enable xdg-open features in snap?

Yes. But who will want to use snap app if non-snap give more features (more user friendly)?

Because I wouldn’t trust LibreOffice to open an arbitrary file that snap hands it without being explicitly allowed. The historical security issues around complex documents are not very encouraging.

But as I said above, we will handle this in a nice way. It will just be a safer mechanism.

The xdg-open feature is supposed to work out of the box once the internal xdg-open is widely available. The snap can just call it and it should work. Before that feature goes live, you can also install snapd-xdg-open in Ubuntu and it should work as well.

and the 4.0.7 update?

Could you be more explicit/verbose about what you’re asking please? It is not clear who you’re asking about a “4.0.7” release, and what the software is that you’re asking about a “4.0.7” release for…

Yes, sorry
If there is a long way to go to version 4.0.7 for Snap, because the current version is 4.0.4 and is somewhat obsolete