KDE: global auto-connect qt-common-themes

Hello folks, I need auto-connect for qt-common-themes as this fixes long standing theming issues for qt6 based snaps. Thanks for you consideration. Scarlett

2 Likes

Hey @scarlettmoore

Could you please develop your request a bit more.

I understand that you are requesting global auto-connection for one or more content interfaces. Could you please indicate which ones are you requesting the global auto-connection for, which content they include and which theming issues they solve?

Thanks beforehand!

Hi, This request follows my update to the kde-neon-6 snapcraft changes that will be merged soon. Please see here: https://github.com/canonical/snapcraft/pull/4884 In that pull request you can find the long list ( not even a portion of the bug reports out there ) of qt snap theming issues reported. This follows the gtk-common-themes content snap, but with QT/KDE stuff. We will take over our GTK themes as well as the ones in gtk-common-themes are extremely outdated and non functional.

Here are my new plugs that need to the respective qt-common-themes snap slots.

"kde-gtk2-themes": {
                    "interface": "content",
                    "target": "$SNAP/data-dir/themes",
                    "default-provider": "qt-common-themes",
                },
                "kde-gtk3-themes": {
                    "target": "$SNAP/data-dir/themes",
                },
                "qt-icon-themes": {
                    "target": "$SNAP/data-dir/icons",
                },
                "qt-sound-themes": {
                    "target": "$SNAP/data-dir/sounds",
                "qt-6-themes": {
                    "target": "$SNAP/kf6",
                },

Thanks for your time. Scarlett

1 Like

Hey @scarlettmoore

Thank you for the information. In general, I’m fine with the requested auto-connections. For gtk themes, I’m wondering if we should try to bring gtk-common-themes up to date instead.

@kenvandine mentioning you as the last uploader of the snap (if I’m right). Any thoughts?

Thanks

Not that I don’t trust the gtk-common-themes team, I would prefer to maintain our own themes, we have updates often and I can bring them in much faster under our own infrastructure and our users will benefit greatly. Thanks, Scarlett

2 Likes

I would also like to help her to maintain it. So, count me in.

is it still being maintained? I checked the GitLab page, and it was last updated 2 years ago.

@jslarraz from the lack of response from gtk-common-themes, we you please allow us to maintain our own gtk themes and move forward on this? snapcraft has been merged. Scarlett

1 Like