KDE gcompris auto-connect request pulseaudio

Sound doesn’t work without it. App functionality needs sound. audio-playback has no affect. gcompris is in edge until this is sorted as it is getting to many bug reports. Thanks, Scarlett

1 Like

Hmmm that is strange - pulseaudio has been deprecated in favour of audio-playback/audio-record. Out of interest, can you check if adding audio-record to plugs allows gcompris to playback as expected?

Well now thats interesting, audio-record worked… I guess I need an auto-connect on that. I am having a terrible time with sound on our snaps.

ok, so now things get strange. I disconnected both audio-record and pulseaudio and sound is still working… this makes zero sense. Can you test gcompris --edge and see if you have sound with out connecting?

Hi @scarlettmoore

I disconnected both audio-record and pulseaudio and sound is still working… this makes zero sense.

If sound is still working means you can still hear the gcompris sound, it is expected I guess because audio-playback, which should be all you need to reproduce sound. I can confirm that just audio-playback does the work for me.

If you are also able to record sound (I don’t know if there is any activity in gcompris that requires access to the mic. to test that), then it is strange yeah

Thanks

Ah sorry, meant get get back. While sound did work, it dragged the application to a slow crawl while spamming

ALSA lib pcm.c:8568:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

I had to connect again audio-record. The background music still isn’t working, but I think that is another problem entirely. So you say audio-playback alone works for you? I wonder if this is a plasma issue? Scarlett

Hi Scarlett,

This is the behavior I’m observing with only audio-playback connected.

• Installing snap from --edge: Background sound does not work. However, mouse pulsations reproduce sound inside the different sections, so I don’t think it is related to audio permissions.
  • Installing snap from stable: Everything works perfectly, including the background sound.

I’m not observing any

but the application is a bit laggy when installed from --edge. Version from --stable seems to work perfectly also in this regard.

Thanks

stable is qt5 and really old. I am trying to get qt6 snaps working.