Juju requests

Hi Store team,

Could we please get:

• a 3.4 track created for the juju snap
  • both the jujud-controller name and jujud name registration requests approved
  • a 3.4-beta1 track created on the jujud-controller snap
  • a 4.0-beta2 track created on the jujud-controller snap

Much Appreciated, Harry from the Juju team.

Hi,

Both the name registration requests were approved. Also, the 3.4 track for juju was successfully created.

Now regarding the track requests for jujud-controller;

Per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks 2, we need a 1-week voting/discussion period, so I’ll check back on the discussion and votes in a few days.

I have a couple questions before casting my vote.

1. What’s the release cadence of jujud-controller, how often are new major versions (potentially requiring a new track) released?
  2. Will the new versions be backwards-incompatible? Meaning, for example, if I was running 3.4 and try to install 4.0, will that just work, or do I need to migrate my data/configuration, or will things break horribly? Moreover, I see that you’ve incorporated beta1 & beta2 into your tracks’ names. May I suggest you keep only the versioning as the name of the tracks (i.e. 3.4 / 4.0 or whichever name we end up deciding upon) and upload the revisions to the appropriate beta risk-level to indicate that they’re still in beta?

Thanks,

Odysseus

Hello Odysseus,

Thank-you for you help.

As for the jujud-controller snap. Currently it needs to follow the juju versioning scheme until we are fully snapped on all our components (we still need to snap the jujud for machines which will likely happen within a cycle or two). So initially we would like a exception for the -beta1/-rc1 version tags in the track name.

As for the release cadence of the jujud-controller snap, we are likely to release onto it every month or 2 weeks at the highest frequency. Obviously once there is some sort of self-service for this there it is less of a problem. I did have a chat with @wgrant on the number of track registered, and he did say that it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. We don’t really want there to be a store listing for the jujud-controller snap and don’t expect users will install it themselves (juju will manage the installations of this snap for now).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, Harry and the Juju team.

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, it now makes sense to me. +1 from me as a reviewer. Both 3.4-beta1 and 4.0-beta2 have now been created for jujud-controller.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like