Joystick autoconnect request for asciicker

Hello, I’d like to request auto-connection of the joystick interface for my asciicker game snap.

That would be the last resort solution for playing game in tty consoles,
here’s my previous question about using gpm, but it seams it is not possible to use it in snaps with strict confinement.
https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/allow-plugging-gpm-general-purpose-mouse-in-strict-confinement

2 Likes

(side note: impressive job on this one, pal. Congrats!)

1 Like

+1 from me - this makes perfect sense (joystick auto-connected) for games.

1 Like

+1 from me for auto-connect joystick since its clearly expected for a game snap. +2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting the requested auto-connection. This is now live.

1 Like

Thank you.
Is autoconnect enabled for just a single revision or it will work with all future builds as well?

It’s enabled on all future revisions, but it’s important to understand that it’s enabled by the store providing signed metadata on install saying that it’s been approved. Practically, this means you’d still need to connect it manually for development builds (where snap install example-snap --dangerous is used) because the store hasn’t generated an .ack file, and that any existing users won’t have it autoconnected until they update to a future revision, but all new installations will.

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you for the explanation.