Issues Connecting to Snap Store on IPv6-only AWS Lightsail Instance

I’m encountering a unique issue where I’m unable to connect to the Snap Store using snapd on an AWS Lightsail instance. This instance is IPv6-only and is running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. My attempts to install or update snaps are being hindered by this connectivity issue, despite having confirmed IPv6 internet access.

Environment Details:

Cloud Provider: AWS Lightsail

Instance Configuration: IPv6-only

Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

snapd version details: 2.61.3+22.04

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. Internet Connectivity Check: Confirmed the instance’s access to the internet using IPv6 ping commands to well-known external sites.
  2. Firewall Rules Verification: Ensured the instance’s firewall permits outbound traffic on essential ports (22 for SSH, 80 for HTTP, and 443 for HTTPS) for all IPv6 addresses.
  3. DNS Resolution: Successfully performed a DNS lookup for the Snap Store’s domain using an IPv6 DNS server, confirming proper resolution.
  4. Direct Connectivity Test: Managed to directly ping the Snap Store’s IPv6 addresses, verifying reachability.
  5. snapd Connection Attempts: Despite the successful tests above, snapd fails to connect to the Snap Store, with logs indicating a timeout error.

Additional Attempts:

Executed standard commands to refresh snapd and clear potential proxy configurations, without success.

Observations:

This challenge presents itself on a freshly set up IPv6-only Lightsail instance, which lacks any custom network configurations like proxies or VPNs. The issue doesn’t arise in environments that support both IPv4 and IPv6, hinting at a possible IPv6-specific complication.

Questions:

Has anyone experienced similar issues with snapd over IPv6, especially in cloud environments like AWS Lightsail?

Are there particular configurations or steps for snapd on IPv6-only setups that I might have overlooked?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for further troubleshooting or resolution steps.

Thank you in advance for any insights or assistance you can provide.

See Bug #1710022 “Snap store APIs (api.snapcraft.io) are not reachab...” : Bugs : Snap Store Server