Is it possible to porting ubuntu to gateway including snap?

I am porting ubuntu core to my gateway. But according to Managing updates, I can not manage updates, ie disable it globally.
So I want to switch to ubuntu, my question is if it is possible to porting ubuntu to a gateway, including snap. Thanks.

For individuals flashing a single device, updates are managed as per the documentation. They can be scheduled at different times, and deferred for lengthy periods. For organisations which are deploying devices they can use the Snap Store proxy which provides some control over updates in the field.

Why do you want to have a non-updated, potentially insecure device as a gateway?

You mean I can manage snap update by Brand Store?
For example I have two customers, A and B. A does not permit updates, or only permits only one update each year. B permits updates when there is a new release version. Can I fufil these two customers in my brand store? Or I can set different policies for different customers in one brand store?

One more question. If I have a cloud application which manage the gateways, maybe the application is deployed on AWS or Microsoft Azure, Is that possible I can manage update from the cloud application?

Brand Stores are also an option. I’m not best placed to answer questions about that though. Perhaps @noise can get someone on the case.

yes, a brand store gives you full control what goes on which device at what time.

A brand store gives you along with the control “which snaps get updated when” the ability to define “gating snaps” that can hold back other snap updates, if you use something like

with one agent snap per customer (iot-agent-a and iot-agent-b) in your store and make the agent snaps a required snap on the respective images, you can definitely fulfil your requirement easily …

with a brand store you also get full access to the snapd-control interface which provides you access to the REST API of the local snapd from some agent snap. you can indeed hook that agent up to a cloud service with no problem. in fact the above github link also provides a link the source of a management service you can run inside some cloud instance.