Interface approval for ncdu snap

@alexmurray @msalvatore I have provided those errors above. Not sure what else you’re needing. I just cannot access the pools. I’ve provided apparmor logs that I can see, etc.

Just grabbed the only log associated with ncdu from kern.log:

Dec  6 20:26:39 $HOST kernel: [42387.129055] audit: type=1400 audit(1607307999.826:105): apparmor="DENIED" operation="capable" profile="/usr/lib/snapd/snap-confine" pid=200410 comm="snap-confine" capability=4  capname="fsetid"

@kz6fittycent can you please describe in more detail what your setup is so I can try and reproduce it? ie. create a zfs pool as follows (please include commands etc), launch ncdu and browse to … and expect to see <something> etc.

Since I expect that during this process there should be some denials showing up in dmesg which indicate what access is missing for ncdu. Also could you please verify that it works when using the ncdu deb? This should then allow us to finally get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks.

@kz6fittycent could you please provide the requested information? Apologize for this long discussion, but this is needed to reproduce it on our side and hopefully help with the ncdu snap.

@kz6fittycent - ping, this request cannot proceed without the requested information?

@alexmurray I’m ready to close this. It would be nice to have ncdu as a snap, but it’s just not worth it (to me) to continue.

If another developer would like to take it, I’m absolutely willing to move ownership.

1 Like

Ok, I will remove this request from our queue - let me know if you change your mind @kz6fittycent

1 Like