In progress: snapd 2.27.5

Testing on F25 now, I’ll follow up with F26 (I have i386 and x86_64 variants of F26 but only x86_64 variant of F25)

The 2.27.4 release is now in the candidate channel. Please help testing by snap refresh --candidate core and let us know if everything works as expected.

Test results: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15R26w7cwjdYegUDofAwI28LUtdfLNyp0um0WXWCzS60/edit

Please, let me know if you find any regression.

What’s changed? I don’t see any edits than version in post header. Or it’s just a bugfixes release?

The only one change is:

• snap-seccomp: add secondary arch for unrestricted snaps as well (PR: 3603)

This is the changelog for more info: https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/2.27.4/packaging/ubuntu-16.04/changelog

1 Like

HOAX: It’s 2.27.4 in the meantime and xdg-open is still not working.

works fine for me in candidate, beta and edge here (note that 2.27* has not made it to stable yet)

snap info core                                                                                        
tracking:    candidate

do you have the snapd-xdg-open deb installed on the host ?

Guten Morgen, Juergen! :wink: @ogra :: Many thanks! How could I clean up the false report?

it isnt actually a false report, there should have been a dependency/recommends in snapd for this from the start or snapd-xdg-open should have been included in the snapd package … but instead of including it, there is a re-write in progress atm (so the report is correct, the fix is a bit complex though).

2 Likes

The testing from the CE project discovered a regression in the nmcli binary. A new snapd 2.27.5 with the following changes got uploaded:

• interfaces: fix network-manager plug regression
  • hooks: do not error when hook handler is not registered
  • interfaces/alsa,pulseaudio: allow read on udev data for sound
  • interfaces/optical-drive: read access to udev data for /dev/scd*
  • interfaces/browser-support: read on /proc/vmstat and misc udev data

Cool, Browser support. Finally i can have HW Acceleration on Chromium Snap :smiley:

Thank you! I will follow up with openSUSE and Arch package as usual. I may also do a Debian commit and ask @mwhudson to review unless he has already taken that task.

Hello, the 2.27.5 release is now in the candidate channel. Please help testing by snap refresh --candidate core and let us know if everything works as expected.

Test results: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15R26w7cwjdYegUDofAwI28LUtdfLNyp0um0WXWCzS60/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

@mvo please for next vresion, could you add the PR 3680 which fixes the failover tests. tx

I really hope we won’t need another 2.27 release, but if we do I will add 3680. It is already in master so we should be fine for 2.28

1 Like

snapd 2.27.5 update proposed:

They should roll out to updates-testing over the next 24-48 hours. Please test.

2 Likes

Folks, Finally release 2.27.5 has been released to stable channel and it is available in the update mirrors as well.

Thanks

Thank you very much for everybody that helped making this release happen!

I’m closing this topic as 2.27 is golden now.

1 Like