From my understanding “preseed” is a concept brought into Ubuntu Core for Ubuntu Server and Desktop where the install of the OS could be automated.
The only documentation I was able to find about Ubuntu Core and Preseed is the following:
I want to do some prototyping and create two images with different unattended installation instructions. The instructions only show a command (below) that will allow signing a file and adding a “preseed” argument:
ubuntu-image snap --preseed --preseed-sign-key=<gpg-key-name> -i 8G --snap [...] <model-assertion>
In the instructions, it states that a seed file is located int the location below, but I cannot find it:
user@ubuntu:~$ ls /var/lib/snapd/see ls: cannot access '/var/lib/snapd/see': No such file or directory user@ubuntu:~$ ls /var/lib/snapd/se seccomp/ sequence/ user@ubuntu:~$ ls /var/lib/snapd/s
I want to automate my Ubuntu Core installation with the following:
- Specify the Ubuntu One user name:
- Configure a APN for cellular internet connectivity
I want to get an example seed.yaml file that can be an example of how to do this.
Here are my questions:
- Where can I find this seed.yaml file?
- What are the keys and values I need to specify for this file?
- How do I pass in the seed file path to the “ubuntu-image” command?