How do you enable flash plugin on Firefox snap?

Hello, there is a website that I would like to visit which requires Flash plugin.

When I opened it using Firefox (the default one installed along with my Kubuntu) the flash contents load fine. But when I opened it using Firefox snap, it says my Flash isn’t available, I already set it to Allow.

Is there a way to install flash plugin to my snap Firefox? I tried the same thing with Chromium (Snap Chromium was unable to loads flash content but the normal Chromium was able to load it fine)

Thanks!

1 Like

There’s a proposed solution on ask ubuntu, which makes the firefox snap find and use the flash plugin. However I’m not seeing the flash content correctly displayed, and I’m seeing the following errors on the console, repeated numerous times:

(/snap/firefox/85/plugin-container:12902): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_visual: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
(/snap/firefox/85/plugin-container:12902): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion 'GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed
(/snap/firefox/85/plugin-container:12902): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: assertion 'GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed
(/snap/firefox/85/plugin-container:12902): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_modify_bg: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

@cat, can you test the suggested solution and report here whether flash content is correctly displayed for you?

@oSoMoN I can confirm that it’s not working for me either. I do see the plugin loaded but the content is never rendered with those same errors output.

I filed this bug upstream to track the issue.

huh. I thought I’d read elsewhere that plugins (such as flash) were not loaded by firefox at all any more. I guess I was wrong.

same thing on ubuntu 18.0’ firefox 61: the plugin iws well loaded but it renders a black screen

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “overlay-scrollbar”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “gail”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “atk-bridge”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
[Parent 11801, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (142): Connection reset by peer: file /builds/worker/workspace/build/src/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 353

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_visual: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion ‘GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: assertion ‘GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_modify_bg: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_visual: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion ‘GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: assertion ‘GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)’ failed

(/snap/firefox/103/plugin-container:13136): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_modify_bg: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed