GTK3 Problem porting Asbru-CM to snapcraft

Hi to everyone,

I am trying to port Asbru-CM to snapcraft and i do have a couple of issue

i leave here also the code link https://github.com/mauringo/asbru-snap-porting

The point number 1 has been partially solved: i just added a bdus interface, now it works but i am no more able to publish it in the store

Hello there. If you are the one porting Asbru to snap, thanks. However, there are a few other problems related to the port. I’m running the Ubuntu Lunar Lobster with all updates and have installed the Asbru from the snap software store in Ubuntu Lunar Lobster. Here are two main issues with the port: 1) the extended Keyexchange methods are not being correctly read from the ssh openssh client configuration, preventing connections to some of the remote legacy ssh servers. For example, when trying to connect to legacy ssh servers, I get this from the Asbru snap port: :GLib-LOG **: setenv()/putenv() are not thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created at /snap/asbru/15/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 67. GLib-LOG **: setenv()/putenv() are not thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created at /snap/asbru/15/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 67. GLib-LOG **: Failed to set thread scheduler attributes: Operation not permitted at /snap/asbru/15/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 110. Gtk-Message: 09:46:19.925: Failed to load module “xapp-gtk3-module” Gtk-Message: 09:46:19.925: Not loading module “atk-bridge”: The functionality is provided by GTK natively. Please try to not load it. GLib-LOG **: unsetenv() is not thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created at /snap/asbru/15/usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 555. GLib-LOG **: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) at /snap/asbru/15/usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 555. GLib-LOG **: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) at /snap/asbru/15/usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 555. readline() on closed filehandle SSHC at /snap/asbru/15/bin/lib/asbru_conn line 773. Unable to negotiate with 192.168.0.2 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1"

Mind you, this works fine using the dpkg install of Asbru on the Linux Mint install with the extended (custom) keyexhange method.

The second issue is that for some reason Asbru can’t write to the users ~/.ssh/known_hosts file, even though the file and directory have the correct persmissiions set for that user. Here is what the Asbru port tells me when I actually connect to a remote ssh server:

"GLib-LOG **: setenv()/putenv() are not thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created at /snap/asbru/15/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 67. GLib-LOG **: setenv()/putenv() are not thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created at /snap/asbru/15/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 67. GLib-LOG **: Failed to set thread scheduler attributes: Operation not permitted at /snap/asbru/15/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 110. Gtk-Message: 09:50:18.404: Failed to load module “xapp-gtk3-module” Gtk-Message: 09:50:18.405: Not loading module “atk-bridge”: The functionality is provided by GTK natively. Please try to not load it. GLib-LOG **: unsetenv() is not thread-safe and should not be used after threads are created at /snap/asbru/15/usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 555. GLib-LOG **: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) at /snap/asbru/15/usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 555. GLib-LOG **: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested) at /snap/asbru/15/usr/share/perl5/Gtk3.pm line 555. readline() on closed filehandle SSHC at /snap/asbru/15/bin/lib/asbru_conn line 773. The authenticity of host ‘192.168.0.15 (192.168.0.15)’ can’t be established. ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:Hiz6Ir3j7uZ6SkIZ8bVYWOpzyo+Gj8s14dw9NhBmPHY. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes Failed to add the host to the list of known hosts (/home/perryb/.ssh/known_hosts). root@192.168.0.15’s password: "

I hope you can fix these issues, it’s the only thing keeping me from migrating from Linux Mint to Ubuntu’s Luna Lobster (Cinnamon).

Thanks for you work.