GNOME Calendar Snap Doesn't Connect/Show Calendars From GNOME Online Accounts

The GNOME Calendar Snap doesn’t seem to be connecting with my online accounts (GNOME Online Accounts using Google(Gmail)). This is consistent across 19.10 and 20.04(dev branch) for me.

installed:          3.30.0

I do get these errors when running snap run gnome-calendar, and they seem to be potentially relevant.

(gnome-calendar:83933): GcalManager-WARNING **: 23:53:14.564: on_client_connected: Failed to open/connect 'Birthdays & Anniversaries': Unable to connect to “Birthdays & Anniversaries”: The name org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar7 was not provided by any .service files

(gnome-calendar:83933): GcalManager-WARNING **: 23:53:14.565: on_client_connected: Failed to open/connect 'Personal': Unable to connect to “Personal”: The name org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar7 was not provided by any .service files

(gnome-calendar:83933): GcalWeatherService-WARNING **: 23:53:14.570: Could not create GCLueSimple: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender=":1.19915" (uid=1000 pid=83933 comm="gnome-calendar " label="snap.gnome-calendar.gnome-calendar (enforce)") interface="org.freedesktop.GeoClue2.Manager" member="GetClient" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.9671" (uid=122 pid=41627 comm="/usr/libexec/geoclue " label="unconfined")

A screenshot:

Perhaps @hellsworth or @kenvandine know something about this?

1 Like

Yes there is a know problem with running evolution data server in the snap. @kenvandine can provide more on the technical details.

1 Like

Thanks for the input! I’ll keep an eye on it for now. If there’s any testing or logs I can provide for anyone that might be helpful in the future, I’m happy to provide any :smiley:

Facing the same issue. Is there a solution?

Thanks!