Global auto connect request KDE content snap

Please set KDE content snap kf5-5-103-qt-5-15-8-core22 and kf5-5-103-qt-5-15-8-core22-sdk as global auto connect. Thanks

@Igor

+1 from me on this request; as we’ve done with all the past revisions of the kde content snaps.

+1 from me too - as per the usual process, whilst this request has the 2 +1 votes, it should still wait the required 7 days voting (unless this is particularly urgent).

They are rather urgent, though the sdk one is not required as it is not content, apologies there. Some of our snaps including the ever important Krita will not function until this is done, plus we cannot update our neon extension in snapcraft because tests will not pass until this is set. Thank you for your consideration. Scarlett

Another reason for urgency… by the time they get approved we are on a new version. This needs to be updated to kf5-5-104-qt-5-15-8-core22 Thanks, Scarlett

@Igor

@alexmurray if we can, it would be great to expedite, as roughly 100 KDE snaps rely on this.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting global auto-connect of the content slots for the kf5-5-103-qt-5-15-8-core22 and kf5-5-104-qt-5-15-8-core22 snaps. This is now live.

1 Like

FYI: Looks like users are getting this issue. https://askubuntu.com/questions/1460159/cant-install-the-snap-version-of-krita-on-ubuntu-22-04-because-its-unable-to-i

(I have reproduced it here)…

alan@ziggy:~$ snap install krita
error: cannot perform the following tasks:
- Ensure prerequisites for "krita" are available (cannot install prerequisite "kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20": no snap revision available as specified)
alan@ziggy:~$ snap info kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20
error: no snap found for "kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20"
1 Like

So krita depends on kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20 but it has no releases published - however it does have a bunch of snap revisions that have passed the automated review in the store and could be published by the developers - so sounds like either the krita developers should rebase upon the new kf5-5-103-qt-5-15-8-core22 snap from this thread, OR the publisher of kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20 should publish these to the stable channel.

ping @sgmoore @jriddell (or anyone else on the KDE side) can you please take a look?

Yes we are in an awkward state right now as all core20 snaps are security issue nightmares and thus not supported ( a problem that needs solving next major core move ) I will work on core22 Krita today.

3 Likes

I can confirm the same error for Keepassxc on Ubuntu 22.04

thanos@mountados-tinou:~$ sudo snap install keepassxc

cannot perform the following tasks:
- Ensure prerequisites for "keepassxc" are available (cannot install prerequisite "kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20": no snap revision available as specified)
1 Like

I have the same issue!

Please give us a solution!!!

Ugh, so this is an issue the goes beyond KDE as we do not maintain keepassxc. I am not comfortable releasing something I know has security issues and I cannot rebuild as the neon repos for focal are no more. This is a major issue that needs solving before next core update, but for focal the only solution is for maintainers using KDE content packs they must move to core22 kf5-5-104-qt-5-15-8-core22-sdk snap.

We may have a more serious issue. A user on AskUbuntu reports that an application has been removed. Indeed, I can’t install it now.

alan@ziggy:~$ snap install keepassxc
error: cannot perform the following tasks:
- Ensure prerequisites for "keepassxc" are available (cannot install prerequisite "kde-frameworks-5-96-qt-5-15-5-core20": no snap revision available as specified)

1 Like

Yes as I said I unreleased that content pack due to security issues. I have temporarily released it again ( reluctantly ) so users can continue to use the snap and filed a bug report where it needs to be here:

We will solve this huge issue before next major core update.

2 Likes