GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Guys I have this erorr when I try to run my installed snap:
__update-mime-database.real: relocation error: /snap/ora/x1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: symbol _dl_catch_error, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
/snap/ora/x1/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-querymodules: relocation error: /snap/ora/x1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: symbol _dl_catch_error, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
/snap/ora/x1/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders: relocation error: /snap/ora/x1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: symbol dl_catch_error, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
/snap/ora/x1/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk2.0-0/gtk-query-immodules-2.0: relocation error: /snap/ora/x1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: symbol dl_catch_error, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
/snap/ora/x1/ora: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25’ not found (required by /snap/ora/x1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0)

I am building the snap with electron-builder:19.54.0

I think something with the dependencies is broken, but I can’t find how to fix it

Thank you for the help in advance

this looks like electron-builder does not use “snapcraft cleanbuild” but builds natively on your machine and that your machine is not 16.04 based … as a quick workaround you should be able to build inside a 16.04 lxd container …

1 Like