Git-ubuntu: please change publisher to usd-import-team

I do not see a way for me to change the publisher field for a snap. I am leaving Canonical and need to change the publisher of the git-ubuntu* snaps to the usd-import-team (Launchpad team) if that is possible. If it is not possible, please change the publisher to canonical.

1 Like

Hello,

This is a “transfer” of snap names, which I can help with.

Could you please give me a list of the git-ubuntu* snaps you wish to transfer?

I can transfer them to Canonical as, to my knowledge, there’s no snap account for usd-import-team (but maybe check with e.g. Robie)?

git-ubuntu, git-ubuntu-stable, and git-ubuntu-beta please!

hi roadmr –

as discussed in IRC

publisher: canonical
collaborators: racb, nacc, ahasenack, paelzer, davidpbritton, powersj

The transfer is now complete. @dpb Unfortunately I can’t add the collaborators directly from the store :frowning: The new owner of the snap would have to do that, and the collaborators can then accept the share and begin working on this.

Regards,

• Daniel

@mvo is that you? ^ :slight_smile:

@dpb: git-ubuntu’s collaborators are already set.

The git-ubuntu-stable and git-ubuntu-beta snaps do not have any actual snaps published, they are just reserved names so Launchpad can build snaps.

The store does not allow me currently to add collaborators to a reserved name. There has to be an (unpublished) snap so that it works.

AIUI, the names are reserved because that was needed to connect them to https://launchpad.net/~usd-import-team/+snaps. We’re using that to build and publish snaps directly from our snap/beta and snap/stable git branches.

What do you suggest we should do to transfer this over?

This has been fixed in the store. You can now set collaborators before a snap has ever been uploaded.

Thanks! @mvo, could you take another look please?