Gimp GeglBuffer leak

When I run the gimp snap, it runs just fine but I see that a GeglBuffer leaks when I close the application. But to be clear, the application runs just fine either from the command line or by launching the desktop icon.

heather@bmo:~$ snap run gimp                                                                                                             [312/312]ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/heather/snap/gimp/x1/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini': File exists                                   
Gtk-Message: 07:55:40.418: Failed to load module "gail"                                                                                           
Gtk-Message: 07:55:40.418: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"                                                                                     
Gtk-Message: 07:55:40.468: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"                                                                            
/snap/gimp/x1/usr/bin/gimp: Gimp-Widgets-WARNING: parse_iso_codes: error parsing '/root/parts/gimp/install/usr/share/xml/iso-codes/iso_639.xml': P
ermission denied                                                                                                                                  

(gimp:7310): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 07:55:48.502: Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: Permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)
Gtk-Message: 07:55:57.672: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: 07:55:57.672: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 07:55:57.680: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(gimp:7310): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 07:56:04.203: Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: Permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)
Gtk-Message: 07:56:10.095: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: 07:56:10.095: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 07:56:10.102: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(gimp:7310): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 07:56:34.922: Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: Permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)

(gimp:7310): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 07:56:47.545: Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: Permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)
Gtk-Message: 07:56:50.015: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: 07:56:50.016: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 07:56:50.023: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(gimp:7310): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 07:57:10.673: Error creating IO channel for /proc/self/mountinfo: Permission denied (g-file-error-quark, 2)
/snap/gimp/x1/usr/bin/gimp: GEGL-WARNING: (gegl-tile-handler-cache.c:1076):gegl_tile_cache_destroy: runtime check failed: (g_queue_is_empty (&cach
e_queue))
EEEEeEeek! 1 GeglBuffers leaked

@lucyllewy are you aware of this?

Just in case it’s related, the gimp deb doesn’t work in focal and fails with a gegl error: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gimp/+bug/1865166

Can you try the version of GIMP in the candidate channel to see if the leak is fixed there? I’m not seeing this from simply launching and closing GIMP, though I am using candidate currently which is the new 2.10.18 with newer gegl and babl dependencies.

well based on your comment, i questioned if this happened with stable gimp if i just uninstalled and reinstalled it and that solved it. Also, this problem doesn’t happen with candidate either.

1 Like