Further automation of build.snapcraft.io

We’ve added additional functionality to build.snapcraft.io to help you automatically test the latest version of your snap.

In addition to building your snap on commits to the main repository, build.snapcraft.io will also trigger a build in the following situations:

• Build on dependency change: We check all snaps for dependency changes on a daily basis ensuring a new build is triggered not just when your code changes, but also if your dependencies get updated.
  • Build manually: Can’t wait for a daily build? You can trigger one in the UI whenever you are ready.

These features will be available by default for all build users within the next few days.

Next up: we are getting ready to add the ability to configure build settings. What settings would you like to be able to configure? And what other features are you looking for? Do let us know!

4 Likes

What are dependencies, in this case?

1 Like

Support for all store-supported architectures. Also would like my pull requests to be built and put in a hotfix branch specific to that PR.

Sounds cool! Also interested in what dependencies mean exactly :slight_smile:

Next up: we are getting ready to add the ability to configure build settings. What settings would you like to be able to configure?

What I would love to see is the ability to select multiple git branches to build from. Even better: being able to decide to which channel in the store built snaps should be uploaded for each chosen git branch to build from.

And what other features are you looking for?

For me personally, these two bugs are on the very top of my whishlist:

Thanks for providing this great free build service for snaps!

Currently any part source that is a Github repository. Note this allows for auto-building snaps of projects without needing to get a snapcraft.yaml into the upstream repo. Just create a “sidecar” repo of your own with the snapcraft.yaml and point the source at the main project’s GH repo, then configure your repo in build.snapcraft.io

1 Like

We release our software for different architectures and arm64 is one of them. So it would be very helpful if we could have builds for that arch enabled/supported.

EDIT
There is more, for automatic release of snaps we need build.snapcraft.io to provide an API which will help us identify the build revision associated to a github commit, more reading here: Auto-release to stable from build service

1 Like