Fluxctl personal-files [Was: Fluxctl snap wants to be classic]

Yes. Eg:

plugs:
  dot-kube:
    interface: personal-files
    read:
    - $HOME/.kube

which would allow access to the $HOME/.kube file, $HOME/.kube directory and all of its contents.

Super.

It took me a bit, but I uploaded a version with a bit more generalised permissions to the store now. It should be in the review queue.

I adjusted the snap declaration to allow the more generalized $HOME/.kube and $HOME/.minikube since a) this is read access and b) we’ve allowed this with other snaps that need access to ~/.kube. @reviewers - please comment if this is in error.

However, while your snap was granted subsets of ~/.kube and ~/.minikube before (so expanded is warranted, see above), it also added ~/.config/k3d, which is new and not discussed before. Can you describe what this access is for and why you need it?

Hey Jamie,

this came in from @stealthybox who added support for k3d (k3s in docker, where k3s is “k3s is the lightweight Kubernetes distribution by Rancher”) in this PR.

I realise this looks like it’s becoming a bit of a wild-growth of config files to look at, but it’s what we have to do to support a few varieties of Kubernetes flavours.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day,
Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Ok, thanks for the additional information. ‘dot-kube’ doesn’t really fit with ~/.config/k3d, but it sounds like that is the equivalent of the .kube directory for rancher. I’m going to adjust the snap declaration since, again, this is read access and related. @reviewers - please speak up if you disagree. This is now live.

You too! :slight_smile:

You can either request a manual review for revision 34 or perform another upload and it will pass automated review.