Firefox snap and icon issue

Hi! I know this question has already been asked, but is there any progress on an official firefox snap?
I made one from the tarfiles, and it’s working(I’m using it now)…
The only issues I get are the icons in the dialogs not popping up (it says that my theme is missing them)
If I run the scanlog I get a denied apparmor:
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="snap.firefox.firefox" name="/proc/22741/net/arp" pid=22741 comm=46532042726F6B6572203233303732 requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=1000 ouid=0

This apparmor denial is unrelated to the icon issue. I’ve taken a todo to investigate it and incorporate a fix into the next batch of policy updates.

As for an official firefox snap, perhaps someone from the snap advocacy team can comment? eg, @popey?

The work to get a stable Firefox snap is ongoing. I wouldn’t recommend anyone spend a significant amount of effort on it. The right engineering minds are on the case. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya esta el snap en la tienda :grin:

1 Like

These tar files work for me but before it creates a problem in executive so I try to take help with Firefox support and then I successfully run the program and make the snap issue shootout.